Today’s organizations, whether large and small, are adapting to the use of cloud servers. Companies are migrating their data from traditional private servers to cloud servers for a variety of reasons. They get the benefit of unlimited scalability, cost-efficiency, and less risk of information theft. With many affordable cloud servers available on the market, if you plan to try cloud servers for your business, this is the right time to make the transition.
When you integrate cloud servers into your business website, you can be sure that your website will not lag, even when there is a rise in web traffic. A fast response helps your visitors navigate through the website easily and makes them want to keep coming back. Using a cloud server is also cheaper than traditional VPS.
You only need to pay for the resources you use, unlike the fixed amount you need to pay with traditional servers monthly. An affordable cloud server is the future of secure data sharing.
You can also access your cloud servers from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. Storing and sharing data and information with cloud servers is more manageable than traditional ones.
How secure are cloud servers?
If you’re considering or have already begun using an economical cloud server and wondering how secure your data is, you don’t have to worry. A cloud server’s most significant advantages, along with cost-efficiency and flexibility, is its data security. Following methods are how cloud servers keep your data secure:
- Encryption: All the files that are stored in the cloud server are encrypted. So there is no chance for cybercriminals to hack into your server and steal your data. Even if they did, it would be of no use to them with scrambled alphanumerical and special characters.
- Regular security updates: The company that oversees your cloud server would update your security measures regularly. These security measures keep your server safe from malware or hacking attacks online.
- Firewalls: Almost all cloud servers have built-in firewalls to stop intruders and hackers from getting any vulnerable data and information from your websites’ visitors.
Steps you could take to keep your cloud server safe from malware attacks
There are also some steps you may take to keep your cloud server safe from Internet threats:
- Passwords: Ever since you have started using the internet, you might have noticed how various platforms ask you to choose passwords that have alphabets, numerical values, and special characters in them. Having a password with all these elements makes it harder for any hacker to guess your password.
- Cloud-Malware Protection: Even though all the cloud servers have built-in firewalls, it is always good to install some cloud malware protection for some extra safety.
Cloud server services from QuantConnect make it easier for businesses to transition to cloud servers with ease. QuantConnect’s also help customers understand every single detail about the working mechanism of the cloud servers.